Monday, October 19, 2009

SW Chili


When I first saw this recipe I was a little leery because it had some random ingredients...mainly the envelope of ranch dip mix and some weird suggestion of soy crumbles. I made a few adjustments (yeah, we don't do soy in my family, YUCK. Plus, I'm allergic) and out came this very hearty soup. There isn't a ton of liquid in this which I love. Feel free to top with whatever...sour cream, cheese, green onions, etc. This isn't an especially spicy chili so if you like a bit more kick, add some red pepper or jalapeno. The sister gives this 5 stars!

Side note: Freezes like a dream

Southwest Chili
Makes 12 servings


Ingredients:

1 small pack of ground beef (I use 4% fat)
16oz package of frozen sweet corn
Two 15oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
One 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
Four 14.5oz cans no-salt added diced tomatoes
1 envelope taco seasoning mix (I use the reduced salt)
1 envelope ranch dip/dressing mix
1/2 cup minced onions
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Brown meat and onions in bottom of large pot. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Once meat is no longer pink, dump everything else into pot and simmer for 45 minutes. Yep, that's it. Aren't I easy? (That's what she said)

0 comments:

Bi-Coastal Foodies   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP