Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicken Orzo Salad with MY FAVORITE

Little known secret outside of my family and fellow blogger...I love goat cheese more then life itself. On a cracker, on some bread, on a burger, on some chicken, thrown in a salad..doesn't matter. If I see it on a menu, I order. I saw a version of this recipe in Cooking Light and made a few tweaks because their version was BORING. I serve this on a bed of fresh spinach but you could really do it on any kind of lettuce leaf. You can serve this warm or cold. The sister gives this 4.5 stars...I'd give it 5.

Chicken Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese

Ingredients:
Serves 4-6

1.25 cups uncooked orzo
3/4lb grilled chicken, cut into bite size chunks
4-6 cups fresh spinach
1.5 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp oregano
Balsamic Vinegar
EVOO
salt
pepper
1.5oz goat cheese

Directions:

Cook pasta, drain well

Combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and oregano in a large bowl and toss to combine

In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and EVOO. The amount of really depends on how much "dressing" you want. Just eyeball...remember you can always add but you can never take away.

Drizzle dressing over pasta and toss well. Spoon over spinach and top with crumbled cheese.

0 comments:

Bi-Coastal Foodies   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP