Tuesday, October 6, 2009

South of the Border Delight-Shrimp Tacos

I can't believe I have yet to post a Mexican recipe yet. I'm high on Mexican food. Way high. These tacos are a new recipe and for the first run through they turned out pretty well. My biggest mistake? Not going to the seafood market for the shrimp. The shrimp found at Ralphs was tasteless. Poop on you Ralph's. You won't grind chicken breasts for me and you have crappy seafood. Anyhow, lesson learned. Take your lazy ass to a nice seafood place to buy the shrimp.

Side note: Feel free to top with sour cream, salsa, guac, what have you

Garlic Shrimp and Mushroom Tacos
Serves 4 (two tacos each)

Ingredients:

1lb shrimp
1tbsp chopped garlic
SW Seasoning (I use Mrs Dash, salt free)
1 carton mushrooms
2 tbsp lime juice
8 yellow corn tortillas
Tenna's coleslaw (recipe to follow)

Directions:

In a medium skillet (sprayed with cooking spray), add shrimp, mushrooms, garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.

Serve with coleslaw and warm tortillas.

Tennas Coleslaw
4 VERY large servings

Ingredients:

1 bag coleslaw mix
EVOO
Salt
Pepper

Dump coleslaw mix in bowl and slowly add in EVOO (it will probably take about 1/8-1/4 cup...I never measure this). Add salt and pepper to taste. This is SO simple and good. Trust me on this. Plus, cabbage is good for you.

0 comments:

Bi-Coastal Foodies   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP