Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oriental (is that PC?) Pasta

In case you've been wondering, I like pasta. A lot. And I think pasta is the perfect lesson in moderation. Yes, you can eat pasta and have it be healthy. On average, the recipes I have on here have 2 ounces of pasta/serving. That's not a lot. But damn does it taste good. Once again we are shown that you do not have to avoid most foods when you are countin' your calories. Just don't have a box of pasta to yourself if you are concerned about watching your weight. CARBS ARE NOT THE DEVIL.

This recipe originally called for cooked turkey breast. We tried it and while it was ok, it was salty as hell. I would recommend chicken breast or even some steak...yum! Also, I like a lot of veggies. I pretty much doubled this when I made it but I realize not everyone may be as veggie crazy as me! The sister gave this 4.25 stars.

Oriental Pasta
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:

Oriental Dressing (recipe to follow)
8oz cooked meat (whatever you decide here)
4 oz carrots, julienned
4 oz asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 oz fresh spinach, chopped
8oz whole wheat thin spaghetti

Directions:

Combine all veggies and meat into a saucepan over medium heat and cook until warmed up. Toss over pasta and top of with dressing. Toss gently to coat and you are done! (Hi, I'm easy. No excuses not to make this one, even on a late night)

Oriental Dressing
yields 1 cup

Ingredients:

1/4cup low salt soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lemon juice

Directions:

Mix all together and whisk until combined!

0 comments:

Bi-Coastal Foodies   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP