Monday, September 28, 2009

Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon

Filet, you say? The topping for this is so good I was eating the little bits that fell onto the baking sheet when it came out of the oven. Yes, I have no shame. I will also confess that upon seeing the amount of topping in the bowl, I increased it by a bit. The amounts below are from the orginal recipe so feel free to behave. The sister gave this 4.5 stars, I'd give it 5!

Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon
Serves 4

Ingredients:

1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles (I used reduced fat)
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 4-oz filet mignon steaks
ground black pepper
salt

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil (don't skip this part or turn all conservationist on me. This gets messy)

In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, blue cheese and olive oil

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Season each filet with salt and pepper and cook two minutes per side

Top each steak with 1/4 cup of the blue cheese mixture. Roast in pre-heated oven for 4 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees) or 6 minutes for medium (160). If you want it more cooked then that, you shouldn't be eating steak.

On a side note, the cuts of filet I got were VERY thick so they took a bit longer to cook. I probably should have cut them in half length wise!

0 comments:

Bi-Coastal Foodies   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP